DEMAND IMMEDIATE ACTION
Replace current director and Director of Community Services with an outside director, interim CEO, turn-around specialist.
Replace MCAS with a new agency which is reflective of our Multnomah County’s progressive, pet-friendly values.
Create a strategic plan covering all aspects of agency operations, setting clear, consistent policies which uphold highest standards and practices, insuring financial transparency and sustainability subject to close oversight and accountability.
Set a priority of addressing the most egregious deficiencies including improving staff and volunteer morale, ensuring animal health and public safety, guaranteeing data accuracy and financial integrity.
Pass a resolution stating that MCAS will establish and maintain a verifiable 90%+ live release rate.
• SPREAD THE WORD ON SOCIAL MEDIA, ENLISTING THE SUPPORT OF FRIENDS, FAMILY AND NEIGHBORS.
• USE ALL CITY, COUNTY, MEDIA, BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS.
• ASK COUNTY COMMISSIONER CANDIDATES FOR THEIR POSITION ON MCAS. IF THEY ARE SUPPORTERS OF CHANGE, CONTRIBUTE TO AND SUPPORT THEIR CAMPAIGNS.
• VOTE FOR COUNTY, CITY AND STATE CANDIDATES WHO WILL TAKE ACTION ON THE DEMANDS ABOVE.
• STAY IN THE LOOP: READ THE BLOG